Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Vintage Sled Found a Loving Home

Seems like forever since I last posted.  As I said in my last post there needs to be more hours in a day! What do you think?

I want to share a little project that I worked on this past week.  It really didn't take that long but I kept getting interruptions and blah, blah you know how that goes.

There was this little sled at an auction that looked so lonely and it was calling my name.  I felt so sorry for it.  However there was this lady there who must have had a million dollars to spend as she was out biding everyone there.  Under my breath or really in my mind I kept saying to myself, "Oh please do not want that sled."  I wasn't sure she would give it a good home.

Time came and the bidding started.  Instead of waiting I threw up my number.  I was holding my breath and no other bids came.  I got it for $2.  At that moment I wanted to dance on a table somewhere.  The little waif sled was mine.  Proudly and lovingly I carried the sled to my car.  Once home I put it in the garage and there it sat.

Guilt ridden I finally fixed it up.  It wasn't in terrible condition just some rust and of course it needed some love.  Sunday it was a beautiful day to work outside so I took advantage of that.  Carefully carrying my little sled to the back yard to my "work" area the transformation began.

Here are the before and after pictures.  Hope you enjoy them.












Don't you think it looks loved now?  The sled will be on my porch for the Holiday season and have usefulness once again.

post signature