Sunday, July 7, 2013

Showing Love to Some Abandoned Treasures

Inspiration has struck from several of the blogs that I have been visited this week.  I have several items that need love and attention.  My thought has always been to leave it in the original condition.  That has been a ground in thought for me.  Well I have come to the conclusion that it is time to give some of the items new life and truly make them a treasure.  You see I love the rust, the chips, the way things are but I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I want to share some projects that I wholeheartedly intend on working on this coming week.  Choosing which one to do first will be my problem.  Here they are in there just like I bought them.  They were posted on my Facebook for ideas so I am going with the popular vote and what I like.


The red on the sled will be left along.  The wood will be getting spruced up.  This one is easy peasy, right?



This beauty was something I just had to have.  It is finished with the 1980's style antiquing.  It has gorgeous beveled mirrors.  I actually have a plan for it.  I am going to strip it and then distress it.  In my bedroom I have a dresser with the waterfall sides but no mirror so I thought I would redo this and use the dresser as a makeup area.  I was proud of my idea.  What do you think?




This lamp has been around since I can remember.  A friend of my Mom's gave it to her in the 1950's but said it was from the 1940's.  Now that I am older and wiser I love this lamp.  The lamp shade is deplorable I couldn't even bring myself to share of photo of it with the shade on it now.  There's a first time for everything and I am going to make a lamp shade for this beautiful lamp.  Let's see what I can come up with.

That's all that will be on the burner this week and probably next.  We are having so much rain and I need to work outside for the mirror.

Cross your fingers and please stop back to see the finished results.


post signature